Positive Reinforcement Teaching Since 1963
We Make Learning Fun!
Welcome to Accent: Wendy’s School of Dance, the longest running dance studio in Centerville. We provide training, technique, and coordination skills by qualified teachers in a "fun" atmosphere, for both the recreational and serious minded dancer. Our goal is to promote confidence and good self-esteem, present a sound foundation of dance skills, and give our students an opportunity for artistic expression.
Since 1963, we have offered dance instruction to Centerville, Washington Township, Dayton, Kettering, Bellbrook, Miamisburg, West Carrollton, Springboro, Beavercreek, Oakwood, and more. (Students from Cincinnati have even come to take weekly classes at Wendy's.)
Class, semi-private, and private instruction is available in:
Ballet * Tap * Jazz * Hip Hop * Pointe
Lyrical * Musical Theater * Hawaiian
( ages 3 thru adult )
* * * * * * *
Special Combo Classes:
Ballet/Gymnastics Combo (ages 3 - 6 ) > Monday 5:30 - 6:30
Intermediate Ballet/Tap Combo (ages 5 - 7 ) > Tuesday 5:30 - 6:30
Intermediate Ballet/Tap/Jazz Combo (ages 7 - 10 ) > Tues. 5:30 - 7:00
Ballet/Jazz + Hip Hop Combo (ages 5 - 7 ) > Thursday 5:30 - 6:30
Gymnastics/Ballet Combo (ages 3 - 6 ) > Thursday 5:30 - 6:30
Ballet/Tap Combo (ages 4 - 6 ) > Thursday 6:00 - 7:00
Call now for reduced prices on our "Special Combos" For full schedule of days, times, & prices call > 937-433-9650
* * * * * * *
Congratulations to our door prize winners!
Sammy Laepple * Ziana Rush * Meena Sonnycalb
Join us on Facebook at
"White Professional Dance Floors"
Custom Made In France
We celebrated our "Golden Anniversary Recital " on June 2, 2013. For details, open the History tab.
Why Dance Here?
- Our experience shows.
- After over 50 years of offering instruction, we know how to meet our dancers' needs. We do everything we can to exceed your expectations.
- We offer structured classes, while encouraging each student to express their own individual creativity. Also .. we ask our students to be supportive and help cheer each other on, and we always appreciate input from the parents to help us provide a positive dance experience for their child.
- We specialize in small class size which allows for learning on a very personal level. (only 5 to 10 students per class, less whenever possible) Each student is important to us and we want to nurture their development. If you are enrolled where the class size is very large ..... that just isn't possible.
- All classes are taught with "the positive reinforcement method" in a cheerful atmosphere that promotes good self-esteem. WE MAKE LEARNING FUN ! To keep it FUN ...... we even incorporate special games that teach "real dance steps" but keep it light hearted so that the students are laughing and having FUN while they are learning.
- All instructors have extensive training and are highly qualified in their area of instruction. In addition to using "positive reinforcement", we also use "proprioception teaching techniques" which make it easier for a student to retain what they have learned.
- As students progress beyond beginner level (basic skills) , we also offer intermediate and advanced level classes, and beyond that ...... Soph. Line, Jr. Line, Sr. Line, and Tap Line, which are classes that require certain achievement levels to gain entry.
- In addition to our annual Recital in June, we also invite family members and friends to come into the classrooms and observe classes during designated “Visitors' Weeks.” This is a wonderful opportunity to see "close - up" what the students are learning and gives our dancers a small taste of performance.
"Join us as we celebrate a love of dance, music, and performance."